Thank you for your interest in ACCESS! Here you find information about open positions within our postdoctoral programme, as well as doctoral positons in our seven participating groups:
1-3 postdoctoral researchers at the ACCESS Linnaeus Centre 2017
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as in architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Theis one of Europe’s largest university research centers in networked systems. 36 senior researcher and over 70 PhD students are involved in developing fundamental understanding and engineering principles for designing self-managed and scalable communication, control and sensor networks in which applications may share real-time information and cooperate in an efficient, affordable, reliable, and secure manner.
The three positions would be placed at different schools within KTH. Read more about the schools at our website;, and
We seek candidates to conduct research in the following broad areas:
- Cyber-physical systems: systems, control and communication theory, signal processing, and applications including but not restricted to: multi-agent systems, planning and coordination, critical infrastructure resiliency, advanced automotive systems, and smart buildings
- Software-defined networking: wireless and cloud networking, system and protocol design and evaluation, optimization, stability and scalability for software-based networked systems
- Data analytics: statistical inference, signal processing, machine learning, data fusion, multi-stage and distributed methods, data modeling, and information theory
- Security, privacy, and trust: design, analysis, verification, implementation and empirical evaluation of secure and privacy-preserving systems; including but not restricted to: network security, software security, cyber-physical security, privacy enhancing technologies, cryptography
KTH offers an attractive working environment with significant employment benefits. ACCESS postdoctoral researchers have the opportunity to participate in numerous activities and events (workshops, summer/winter schools, seminar series), be active in one or more thematic areas of the ACCESS center and work in a diverse research environment that can great advance their careers.
Candidates should have a strong background in at least one of the four aforementioned areas: (i) cyber-physical systems, (ii) software-defined networking, (iii) data analytics, and (iv) security, privacy, and trust. The ability and the interest to work across areas, possibly even across traditional disciplines, as well as initiate new research collaborations are essential.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. (or be near completion) in a relevant field and have an outstanding research and publication record.
Deadline Jan 31, 2017
PhD student positions
We welcome applications for doctoral positions at ACCESS seven participating groups:
- Automatic Control
- Communication Networks
- Communication Theory
- Computational Biological Physics
- Optimization and System Theory
- Signal Processing
- Theoretical Computer Science
Master's students interested in doing research within ACCESS, are encouraged to contact their group (s) of interest for a doctoral position.